Desktop Tether App not syncing device names with Tether App.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-03 17:36:56
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.04

I recently purchased a pair of RE450s overall they work fine with a few signal drops  and or client disconnects. My question is is there a way to change the "unkown" labels on the clients, for example I have 20 or 30 something devices, a few say unkown on their name field I like to change that to "Amcrest WIFI Cam" now I have been able to change the name for the clients using the app but I monitor my network mostly on Windows PC and there are no provisions to do this on the RE450 webpage or is there? It is a headache to look up IP adresses or Mac IDs to figure out what is what in my network. ATT has a webpage that have all that information in it, but I have to expand every selection to see the details of each client. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Desktop Tether App not syncing device names with Tether App.
2020-09-04 18:15:08

@Neato 

What I think you can try is to enable the Access Control (Setting > Advanced Settings > Access Control), and create a White List. As you do that you can specify the device name.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 652

Replies: 1

Related Articles