AV600 creates a wifi network which I can join but has no internet :(

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-08 09:31:55
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I recently bought a TP-Link TL-WPA4220T KIT (an ethernet wall socket and 2 extenders). I have the ethernet unit installed correctly with an AV600 powerline extender in the kitchen and an AV600 powerline extender in the back of the house.

Sadly, the performance of the AV600's is very patchy, but it is a reasonably old house. 

My main issue is that the AV600 in the back of the house has stopped working all of a sudden. It creates a wifi network, which I can join using the password, but there is no internet connectivity once joined. I have done the usual hard reset activities but it makes no difference. 

Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV600 creates a wifi network which I can join but has no internet :(
2020-09-09 17:54:34

@councilprawn 

Look to see if the powerline light is on (house icon). If it is not, you need to move the powerline adapter to another outlet. If the LED is red, then it is connected, but the connection is slow.

I would recommend placing both of the wireless devices in the same room just to verify the powerline light does come on.

Options