No 5GHZ signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No 5GHZ signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No 5GHZ signal
No 5GHZ signal
2020-09-12 00:01:07
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I just ran through all the setup steps for Repeater for my new CPE510 and noticed in the Pharos Status tab, All the metrics say "N/A" and there is no signal. However, my 5Ghz signal is seen when I survey, and my Cell phone is pulling a solid 5Ghz signal from my router. I'm only 15 feet from my router. Is there some setting I'm missing?

FWIW, I get no signal with the antenna alignment tool either, no matter where I point the antenna.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Options
2 Reply
Re:No 5GHZ signal
2020-09-14 18:29:33

@not_insane 

Have you tried other modes like bridge? https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/724/

Options
Re:No 5GHZ signal
2020-11-17 16:01:27

@Tony 

I just started another thread on this. I did get it to work, but now, a couple of months later, Survey finds nothing. Looks like it failed. What a shame. It really worked well in repeater mode. I had it set up to the side of a garage door "looking through the window" at the point on my house where the wi-fi router was. It got a solid four lights on in signal strength and brought that in solid to the rest of that sheet metal building. Everything worked great.

Until it didn't. 

Options