Powerline stopped working! Help!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-12 18:04:42 - last edited 2020-09-12 19:13:44
Model: TL-PA4020P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ???

I have Powerline AV500 2 port passthrough powerline adaptor (TL-PA4020P) and a TL-WAP4220 (powerline + wifi).  I bought them in 2016 in case that helps to identify the version, which I can't find.

It has been working well for a long time.  Today I addded another powerline adaptor my network and it worked fine.  I confess it's a Netgear someone gave me.

But now my initial setup doesn't work.  I've tried resetting the WAP4220,  plugging, unplugging, different durations of pressing the pairing button , etc.  I reset both units - the PL-4020P by holding down the pair button for a long time, and the other using a paperclip in the reset hole.  No matter what I try, i can't get it to work, but ti seems very unlikely to me that just setting up the Netgear adaptor fried my devices.

Anyway, what should I do?  Is there a physical way I can reset the PA4020P?  Anything else to try?  I don't have a windows machine - just osx and linux.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline stopped working! Help!
2020-09-12 19:24:21

OK, it's working again, but I can't say why.  I just kept resetting and pairing and finally it worked.  I know I've got an old model.  Are the new ones less finicky?

Options
2020-09-14 22:03:59

@rlyacht 

The new ones do a better job sending the powerline signal so if the issue was due to the signal not reaching from the first adapter to the second newer ones would help like the TL-WPA8630 KIT.

Options
2020-09-15 02:34:05

@Tony Thanks, I will  probably upgrade then.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 858

Replies: 3

Related Articles