RE650 range extender 5G network is not showing up on mobile

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-13 13:00:06
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear all,

The 5G network of my RE650 range extender is not showing up on any of my mobile phones. Although it does show up on my laptop. What do I need to do in order to make it visible for my mobile phones?

PS: My mobile phones are dual band and they successfully connect to main wifi 5G network but range extender 5G network doesn't show up in wifi list.

Just FYI: I have a similar problem with my router Archer C60 when I am using it as an access point.

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Options
5 Reply
Re:RE650 range extender 5G network is not showing up on mobile
2020-09-14 22:39:54

@MFKhan 

Make sure the extender is broadcasting two different network names if your networks are named the same, which would cause confusion.

Try changing the 5G channel to something else, factory reset the extender, then set it up again.

Options
2020-09-15 01:31:27

@Tony 

My extender has different names for both networks and I can see them both on my laptop. But for some reason its 5G network is not showing up on mobiles only. 

Currently I don't see any setting from where I can update the channels. But I will try doing the factory reset once as per your suggestion and get back to you. 

Strangely enough I connected a new router Archer C60 as an access point to my extender and configured the networks with different names and even they are not reflected on mobiles. 

Options
2020-09-16 17:39:22

@MFKhan 

Are you able to see any 5G network on your mobiles? I am wondering if they are capable of seeing 5G networks.

What is the model of the mobile device you are working with?

Options
2020-09-16 17:48:24

@Tony 

I already mentioned in my question (see PS in my question) that my mobile phones are dual band and they successfully connect to main wifi 5G network. 

I think the issue here are the 5g channels. It seems that Android devices work on 5g band 4 channels and I don't see any setting to modify channels in extender settings page. 

Can you please let me know if there is any way to change it? 

Options
2020-09-16 21:48:17

@MFKhan 

Extender copies the channel of the network it is extending so change it on Wi-Fi source, then set up the extender to it in order to change the channel on the extender.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1092

Replies: 5

Related Articles