2 AV600 Both on a boot loop.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-14 13:30:30
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

So for the last 2 years I've had no issues with my 2 AV600 Kits all together. However suddenly, just the WiFi boxes have stopped working, and continually reboot.

holding any of the buttons, reset, pairing, WPS or combinations interupt the reset sequence its continually doing.

The 2 little ethernet boxes PA4010 still work fine.

Here is a video of whats happening.

https://youtu.be/VumXDBge3C8

Thanks in advance!

David

Options
9 Reply
Re:2 AV600 Both on a boot loop.
2020-09-15 15:21:17

@Mrshmee 

All the LED lights turning on then off looks like it is factory resetting by itself.

I would try different outlets to see if it follows the device.

If it keeps doing that reach out to your local support team to see what else could be done.

Options
2020-09-15 18:43:28

@Tony 

Hi, yes its doing that on all outlets. But both of them do it.

Sadly, I live in the Dominican Republic (Not that thats a terrible thing), so I dont really think local support is a thing here hahaha.

Options
2020-09-26 13:18:39

Hi @Mrshmee ,

The same is happening to me, but I bought it in less than a year. After a good several months working as advertised and of course me giving high recommendations, turns out now that the connection is unstable then now is like your devices in boot loop.

It turn on the power led, pairing led but when it goes to turn on the wifi led, then restart it self. I tried even in the same wall exit both of the Ethernet and Extender with no luck.

What it has been of help is that I factory reset it, let it cool for about 30 minutes, connected again and in about 5 minutes it work fine.

It is a pain, I'm also in Dominican Republic, soo the local service perse is non existance. 

I have a Netgear wifi extender (over the air, no powerline), when the energy falls then is very inconsistent (not as reliable as the AV600, at least at the beginning), and that 4 year old extender is the one that is helping me right, until I complete fix, If is possible, the AV600.

Its really sad, never thought this brand (and of course the high premium you pay for it) os then meet with this substandard situation. I think that in a matter of days I will be just like you and rethinking buying Tp-Link again.

Options
2020-09-26 18:48:14

@Mrshmee 

Hey hi again, please try upgrading the firmware:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wpa4220/#Firmware

Download in your PC or Smartphone, then uncompress it and in your extender's page go to System Tools and then Upgrade Firmware. Browse where you download the file and prepare for a renewed Powerline stable connectivity. 

Hope it helps.

Options
2020-09-27 00:51:39

@ViperDR Hi, It resets too fast and you cannot see it on the app. no wifi is enabled in the time it takes to reset.

ViperDR wrote

@Mrshmee 

Hey hi again, please try upgrading the firmware:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wpa4220/#Firmware

Download in your PC or Smartphone, then uncompress it and in your extender's page go to System Tools and then Upgrade Firmware. Browse where you download the file and prepare for a renewed Powerline stable connectivity. 

Hope it helps.

Options
2020-09-27 01:24:18

@Mrshmee 

You need to wait at least 10 to 15 minutes until it wifi LED turns on. In here you wont have internet access but you'll be able to enter to the extender's configuration. 

Now update the firware and it should be ok.

Works for me and stable as the first day I install it. It even let me schedule the LEDs to turn off at night since it's in my bedroom. Before I had to covered with something in order to block de LED lights. 

Hope it helps.

Options
2020-11-06 06:29:48

@Mrshmee similar thing happened to my av600, also there was noise coming from the adapter. I have changed 470uF 16v capacitor inside the adapter and it is fixed.

Options
2021-11-02 22:06:43

@Mrshmee 

Hey man, I'm from the DR too, this happened to me but on the av1200 (without wifi) didn't you find a solution? Maybe it's damaged

Options
2021-11-02 22:49:00

Czr wrote

@Mrshmee 

Hey man, I'm from the DR too, this happened to me but on the av1200 (without wifi) didn't you find a solution? Maybe it's damaged

@Czr 

Hi, sorry. I never got them working. It's happened to a friend's as well. To be honest I'll be getting a different manufacturer in the future. Shame, nice when they lasted but shocking bad..

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1501

Replies: 9