Extender low WiFi signal close to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-15 17:04:18 - last edited 2020-09-15 17:08:06
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20190422 Rel. 52057

My extender is positioned on the next door room to my router. I get full WiFi signal on my iPhone, iPad and computer exactly where the extender is positioned but it only shows 1 LED light on when it's connected to the same WiFi. I'm measuring 200Mbps download on the original internet WiFi network at the spot where the extender is, and only 20Mbps on the extender's network. There is only one concrete wall separating the rooms and there's a door always opened. And the signal used to be stronger at this same spot. Never full strength but at leas 3 or 4 LEDs would light up. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extender low WiFi signal close to router
2020-09-16 22:50:19

@Dvasques 

Take the extender to the same room of the router, see if when it boots up the full strength returns. If it is still weak even in the same room. 

There should also be new firmware available for your extender so I would visit our official website and download the firmware for version 6 of your device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 476

Replies: 1

Related Articles