Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Help
Help
2020-09-30 16:28:06
Model: TL-WPA8630 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I recently bought a tl-wpa8630 KIT Av1300 gigabit power line cus I wasn't getting any wifi in my room. I connected it to my main router, and then the transmitter in my room. I started pairing them and I connected to the wifi, working completely fine. Then I tried to join the network using my other devices, and all of them failed to join, stating "no internet connection". Frustrated, I put the transmitter back to the living room where the router is, and tried to join again. Now none of my devices can join with all of them saying "no internet connection". The funny thing is when I take off the tl wpa8630 connecting to my router off the electricity, I am able to connect to the wifi but without internet of course. Also, I tried using the app to help me while connected to the network with internet, but it said no device found.... please help!!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Help
2020-09-30 22:09:21

@Herobro 

The powerline adapter relies on the Ethernet cable providing internet access so if the wireless adapter is not giving an internet connection remove the Ethernet cable from the powerline adapter and connect that to a computer. If the Ethernet cable is not providing an internet connection, then then the powerline will give that symptom.

Options
2020-10-01 03:12:42

@Tony the internet works fine, from time to time I am able to connect to the power line wifi with the ability to use the internet. Then the signal suddenly disconnects and i try to join again and there is no internet connection. Is it w problem with conflicting IP address?

Options
2020-10-01 17:24:22

@Herobro 

If the Ethernet cable, and port are fine, it might be an IP conflict too.

You could try and reserve an IP for the TL-WPA8630 giving it an IP address outside of the DHCP pool. Only the wireless powerline adapter pulls and IP, not the one that is wired to the router (wired only powerline adapters).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 409

Replies: 3

Related Articles