Verizon FiOS Router + RE220 - one SSID/network name possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-09 12:45:02 - last edited 2020-10-09 12:46:12
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20190924 Rel. 45508

Is it possible to use the extender and use the same wireless network or does it need to be different? I am having trouble changing the wireless network to the existing SSID (from the router) versus using the _EXT wireless network. I have manually changed the Extended Network name through the Tether app to the existing one but afterwards the adapter could not be found/detected on the Tether app so I was not able to tell if this was set up correctly. My end goal is to be on one network versus having two without the OneMesh solution. 

I currently am using a Verizon FiOS Quantum Gateway G1100 AC1750 Dual Band WIFI + RE220 adapter. Let me know if there is something I am doing incorrectly or if this is not a feature I can take advantage of given the existing setup.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Verizon FiOS Router + RE220 - one SSID/network name possible?
2020-10-09 21:46:55

@whatsaliju 

The extender can be named the same or different of the router, even before OneMesh both options were available.

The thing with the SSIDs being the same is that it would fall on the device itself to determine where to connect to rather than the extender or router. Changing the extended SSID through the Tether app would work.

To verify if the extender is still connected, log into your router and look for the extender on the client list. The 2.4G and 5G LED lights should also be on as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1519

Replies: 1