HS103 plugs repeatedly going offline with no discernable cause - suggestions?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-10 02:33:34
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

Hi all - I have three HS103 plugs.  Two are a couple of rooms from the closest wifi point, but one is literally in the same room as my router.  Consistently but randomly, all three of them will go offline, sometimes for a short amount of time, other times for 10+ minutes.  It drives me nuts, and I can't seem to understand why I'm having so many issues.  I've tried giving DHCP Reservations for each one, forcing them to be local only - nothing seems to help.  Any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS103 plugs repeatedly going offline with no discernable cause - suggestions?
2020-10-12 16:09:45

@ABSOWB 

To see if the 2.4G may be too crowded, try enabling the guest network on your router, and only connect those plugs to them. The plugs do not need local access.

If the plugs continue to drop, try factory resetting one of them by holding the side button for 15 seconds, then set the plug up again to the main network.

We have recently released Kasa app v 2.26 so make sure you are updated to that as well.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1053

Replies: 1

Related Articles