Delete and reinstall

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Delete and reinstall

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Delete and reinstall
Delete and reinstall
2020-10-10 13:32:07 - last edited 2020-10-13 18:26:55

I got an AC750 range extender. I installed it under a different modem, and now it won't recognize my new modem/WiFi. Contacted Tech Support, and got referred to 1 article after another. I did the factory reset a number of times, and a no go. Can't get to a website I can login and change the configuration, and the app won't allow it. Any suggestions before I throw this brand new extender in the garbage?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Delete and reinstall -Solution
2020-10-12 19:40:02 - last edited 2020-10-13 18:26:55

@Tony Yeap Inuse the app, and it won't let me change anything. I finally got

it to work by unplugging it for 3 hours, held

the reset for count of 40, and then went into

the app. It then didn't see the product and would allow me to reinstall and link it to my new modem/WiFi. The "articles" and what "tech support" was saying didn't work. What I did worked. Actually "tech support" would send me links to the same articles. Then tell me to go to the website, and that takes you to articles. I did get one link in Chinese. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Delete and reinstall
2020-10-12 16:27:11

@mnsc 

What do you mean the app won't allow it? What have you tried when using the Tether app?

If you can't see the new Wi-Fi how did you get to that part of the setup?

Options
Re:Delete and reinstall -Solution
2020-10-12 19:40:02 - last edited 2020-10-13 18:26:55

@Tony Yeap Inuse the app, and it won't let me change anything. I finally got

it to work by unplugging it for 3 hours, held

the reset for count of 40, and then went into

the app. It then didn't see the product and would allow me to reinstall and link it to my new modem/WiFi. The "articles" and what "tech support" was saying didn't work. What I did worked. Actually "tech support" would send me links to the same articles. Then tell me to go to the website, and that takes you to articles. I did get one link in Chinese. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Delete and reinstall
2020-10-13 18:26:34

@mnsc 

Thank you for the update to the solution, and your unfortunate support experience. I will be sure to forward your feedback.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 356

Replies: 3

Related Articles