Laptop Does Not See Powerline Network When Trying To Connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-13 00:21:51
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I bought the TL-WPA4220 KIT to reach the other side of my home. I'm able to connect my cell phones to the powerline network, but my laptop doesn't see the network name when trying to connect. I have a Toshiba laptop with the following wireless adapter: Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC. I tried to update the drivers for this wireless adapter but it has the current driver version. Your website has an article called "Problem with Connecting to Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) Capable Wireless Routers and Access Points with Intel Wireless Adapters Supporting 802.11ac". I thought this would fix my problem until I found out that my wireless adapter is Realtek, not Intel. Is there any fix for my problem? I bought this wireless extender kit specifically for my laptop when using on the other side of my home from the router, plus also some cell phones.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Laptop Does Not See Powerline Network When Trying To Connect
2020-10-13 17:40:52 - last edited 2020-10-14 16:40:53

@DMVP 

The Intel issue is only for AX networks, the WPA4220 is not AX. 

Is the TL-WPA4220 broadcasting its own SSID or is your cell phone connecting to the same network name of your existing router?

Does your laptop see any network available? Does it see your existing wireless router if you were in the same room of the router?

Options
2020-10-13 22:04:15

@Tony 

I am able to see the powerline network from my cell phones when trying to connect, plus a whole bunch of other networks in the neighborhood. My cell phones are connected to the powerline network named TP-Link_BBBA. My router is named Frontier_0095. My laptop can easily see Frontier_0095 plus all the other neighborhood networks, but it can't see TP-Link_BBBA. Could there be an issue with the Realtek wireless adapter? I tried updating the drivers but they are current.

Options
2020-10-14 16:50:07

@DMVP 

Here is what I would try:

1. Try changing the wireless channel on the WPA4220. Here is a FAQ that shows you how to log in: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/398/

In step two it references a utility, but you can find the IP by logging into your router and looking at the connected clients to see the IP to use in your browser.

Try channels 1 or 6 or 11, and save.

2. Try manually adding the wireless network since you know the network name and password needed to connect.

The following steps would be:

a. Do one of the following, depending on which version of Windows is running on your PC:

-In Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, select Start, start typing Network and Sharing Center, and then choose it in the list.

-In Windows 10, select Start , then select Settings Network & Internet  > Status > Network and Sharing Center.

b. Select Set up a new connection or network.

c. Select Set up a new network, then choose Next

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1101

Replies: 3