Cannot establish remote control on Smart wi-fi plug mini in order to connect with Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot establish remote control on Smart wi-fi plug mini in order to connect with Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-15 02:11:18
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Having difficulty connecting this smart plug to Alexa.  I have this plug set up on the Kasa app but it appears that the Remote Control is not enabled.  Told to connect to my home Wi-Fi which I did but still did not able to enable Remote Control.

Thanks for your help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot establish remote control on Smart wi-fi plug mini in order to connect with Alexa
2020-10-15 16:26:55

@MarkW1 

Your router firewall may be blocking the plug from communicating to the cloud. Try adding the plug to the DMZ, then try enabling the remote control. Turn off the DMZ after.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 762

Replies: 1

Related Articles