Problem Setting Up 505x

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem Setting Up 505x

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Problem Setting Up 505x
Problem Setting Up 505x
2020-10-15 21:50:37 - last edited 2020-10-15 22:53:03
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8

[UPDATE]  So, I finally was able to access the extender using tplinkrepeater.net

and it now seems to be working -- but is it normal for the extender to have copied

my main router SSID with EXT, without separate 2.4 and 5 ghz connections?

I am having difficulty completing setup on a 505x.   I first attempted WPS, briefly saw

the extender show up on WIFI, and since then I cannot get it to reappear.  I have done

hardware resets to no avail.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problem Setting Up 505x
2020-10-16 18:16:49

@dxace1 

Yes, the extender will take the name of your existing network, and add ext. You would connect to the ext network if you are physically near that device and vice versa for your router.

If you want to further manage the extender, I would recommend download our Tether app and managing it that way.

Options
2020-10-16 18:25:27
Thanks -- so you see only the one with EXT, or should I be seeing separate for 2.4 and 5?
Options
2020-10-16 18:51:58

@dxace1 

It depends.

So if your main router was dual-band, and had both names the same, then you see one ext. If your main router has two different names then you will see two of them.

Given how you see one ext I am assuming your router has the same name for both.

You can still configure the extender to have different names if you want. The wireless network names the extender broadcasts can always be changed, just not the password as it uses the same password from the host router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 291

Replies: 3