Powerline fails when plugging anything else into outlet? TL-PA7010P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-16 08:17:28
Model: TL-PA7010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I have been using the TL-PA7010P Powerline system for the last year and it has worked fine. Yesterday I noticed I was lagging a lot and discovered the red light was on for the Powerline LED connection. It then went off entirely. After a bit of trouble-shooting I realised that it was when anything else was plugged into the same outlet, or plugged into the outlet via the Powerline that it cuts the connection. I have tested this multiple times now. I swapped both of the devices and plugged it into my wall again, the light is green, however when I plug my laptop into the outlet through the powerline, and start to charge my laptop, the light goes red and the internet cuts out. I have discovered this happens with almost anything I plug into the same outlet. What is going on here? I only have one outlet in my room and need to power my computer/desk lamp/phone charger?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline fails when plugging anything else into outlet? TL-PA7010P
2020-10-16 18:44:21

@Wantedrtw 

Whatever is being plugged into the other outlet is causing so much noise the signals are getting interrupted. Do you happen to have a surge protector to plug the laptop into? Leaving the powerline directly connected to the outlet?

Here are other tips: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/409/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 835

Replies: 1