Votes

have removable plate like dimmer switches have

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-18 13:32:57
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Your dimmer switches have a removable white plate that allows them to fit in normal 2 and 3 gange plates normally. The normal smart switch does not have the removable piece and is one solid construction. I recommend adopting the dimmer switches construction so they fit in normal gang plates better without having to slice off some of the plastic on them.

Options
2 Reply
Re:have removable plate like dimmer switches have
2020-10-20 17:50:00

@muddro 

The faceplate that comes with the HS200 should be removable as well. There are tiny notches on the top and bottom that hold the faceplate. The easiest way to remove is to bend the top and bottom with both hands while pressing the thumbs in the middle.

Here is another method mentioned using a tool such as a flat-head screwdriver: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1514/

Options
Re:have removable plate like dimmer switches have
2020-10-20 17:56:32

@Tony I think I may not have been clear. What I mean is on the HS200, the tabs that have the hold to screw into the electrical box is extremely thick. On the dimmer, it is a while frame that is removable, leaving a traditional metal frame to screw into the electrical box.. On the HS200 it is constructed as part of the switch itself and not removable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 345

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.