Votes

Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products

Votes

Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products

101 Reply
Re:Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products
2022-09-09 12:44:42

@nikkyandrei 

Spoke to TP-Link yesterday, they still have not implemented a wired backhaul on the OneMesh wifi.  It is absolutely ridiculous to me that a company would product two, non compatible Mesh networks and then curtail the effectiveness of  the newer one by not implementing the simplest of things.  I was offerred a 10% discount on a future replacement because I am so dissatisfied... TP-Link has zero concept of how to retain customers.  Lesson 1:. Don't make your consumer products so complicated that IT professionals are told by your support staff that they should have contacted presales before making a purchase.  Lesson 2:. Don't introduce a new, inferior, standard and make it seem like it is a premium one.  Lesson 3: if your customers are requesting a simple feature to implement then not only implement it, but ask the engineers why they didn't implement it in the first place?

Tp-link, I used to be a fan. And now I will never buy your products again.

Options
2022-09-09 12:51:52

@ToddJ Thanks for the update. I doubt that now someone is going to listen.... i am on the side of never buying their products again.... and i really did like their products. But even an obvious bug (actually two but who is counting) https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/566450 isn't treated by them.... so ... yeah.

Options
2022-09-30 19:17:43

@JP_NL Wow! this is not good. I lest I can still return the RE715X and Archer AXE75.

This guy is not helping any by saying they can do wired backhaul.

dongknows dot com

TP-Link OneMesh 2022 Review: An Affordable Mesh Alternative

Options
2022-10-09 18:14:50

I am confused here. I have just bought three RE500 devices to take advantage of the one mesh. Seems it doesn't work with Ethernet. I note there are 5 pages of questions dating well over a year, without a single reply from TP Link. Is this just a talking shop for customers or does the company actually read the messages. 

Options
2022-10-09 18:33:02

@KenJG there was a rumor that the new Wi-Fi. 6. Tri-Band access points would allow a wired backhaul but I've not seen anything. I went ahead and returned my router and access point and ended up getting the new Google one as it advertises. Wired backhaul.

Options
2022-10-24 20:24:40

@Tanquen which Google product gave you the ethernet backhaul? 

I understand there are onemesh compatible Deco ethernet backhaul devices (https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/500188) and I also saw that "A user discovered that it IS possible to have OneMesh nodes with ethernet backhaul by using one of the OneMesh capable powerline adapters and simply not using the powerline features."  here: 

No definitive explanation... but still there may be hope!

Liam

Options
2022-10-24 20:52:20

@Liam_T their new nest one that just came out. I have a pre-order in that's supposed to ship the end of the month. It's only got two ethernet ports I think, but they mentioned that it can be used for wired backhaul. We will see in the next week or so.

Options
2022-10-26 08:57:39

@JP_NL

6 Routers and 18 AP being delivered today for our offices, will be returning after reading this. Such a basic feature of networking, how did it not feature on launch!

Upon checking google, apparently it did work for a while but was disabled so I guess an issue your not willing to fix.

Options
2022-10-26 23:22:54

@Liam_T if you have to use powerline, why even bother with this brand? So sad seeing that i started this thread on 2020-10-19 and people are still mislead by the lack of clear specs on their products making one believe that you can use wired backhaul.

Options
RE:Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products
2022-10-30 19:05:25
Mandatory
Options

Voters 55

+ 51 Voters