New user question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New user question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New user question
New user question
2020-10-25 13:43:08
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Silly question here. New user, just set up RE300 range extender. Since I set up through my phone, my phone is now on the WiFi with EXT in the name. Does this mean I need to individually go through and switch the WiFi on my Xbox, laptop, fire sticks, baby monitors, etc. to the EXT version of my WiFi for this extender to work? Or will leaving it on the original WiFi prevent Prevent it from extending? Basically do all my devices need to pass through and log into this connection ext WiFi for the extenderntl work? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:New user question
2020-10-27 14:55:11

@Kb26 

You would want to use the ext network for devices that previously had a hard time reaching the router. So if your Xbox is closer to your router, leave it connected to the router, if your fire stock had a very weak signal to the router and is closer to the ext network, connect to the ext network.

The extenders purpose would be to provide signal coverage to those devices where before they had a weak signal or hardly any. All other devices that did have a good connection to the router would be left alone.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 330

Replies: 1

Related Articles