Android phones cannot connect to wifi after latest firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Android phones cannot connect to wifi after latest firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
51 Reply
Re:Android phones cannot connect to wifi after latest firmware update
2021-04-12 02:54:41

@Gary_Hanson Well Carl..I finally decided to install "Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20201230 Rel. 40557(5553)" and now I'm back to having the same issue I originally had of my android phones not being able to connect. I still have the beta firmware you linked me some time ago and I'll try to revert back to that...Same exact problem as before with this newest firmware update

Options
2021-04-12 03:31:27

@Gary_Hanson I was able to revert back to the beta that you linked me and things are good again

Options
2021-04-18 00:04:10

@Carl I'll try this post again..this time to you instead of me -- re: Well Carl..I finally decided to install "Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20201230 Rel. 40557(5553)" and now I'm back to having the same issue I originally had of my android phones not being able to connect. I still have the beta firmware you linked me some time ago and I'll try to revert back to that...Same exact problem as before with this newest firmware update

Options
2021-07-18 10:21:28

@Carl it worked for me after changing the security settings as mentioned. Thanks and I was almost about to get the replacement for my WiFi device.

Options
2021-07-19 12:45:01 - last edited 2021-07-19 13:13:21

EXACT same problem here - updated the firmware yesterday and now one of my Android tablets absolutely will NOT connect. I've set the WiFi security to None and to WPA/WPA2 and finally WPA2/WPA3 and no matter the setting it will NOT connect. It connects just fine to my phone using WiFi hotspot and this started happening AFTER I updated the firmware.

I'm on a v1.2 device as well - and when I download the old firmware I can't install it as I immediatly get "invalid file type" and none of the beta firmware links in this thread are currently valid. So I'm completely stuck at the moment, the only thing I can think to try is factory reset but I don't see that downgrading the firmware.

Help?

UPDATE: By creating a guest network I was finally able to get it to connect - what's bizarre is I'm using the EXACT same security settings for the guest network and main but the main won't work and guest will. So while this works it's not really a viable long term solution - all I really want to do is downgrade the firmware but that seems impossible given all the other unanswered threads on the subject.

Still at a loss

Options
2021-07-19 22:54:35

RossCarlson wrote

EXACT same problem here - updated the firmware yesterday and now one of my Android tablets absolutely will NOT connect. I've set the WiFi security to None and to WPA/WPA2 and finally WPA2/WPA3 and no matter the setting it will NOT connect. It connects just fine to my phone using WiFi hotspot and this started happening AFTER I updated the firmware.

I'm on a v1.2 device as well - and when I download the old firmware I can't install it as I immediatly get "invalid file type" and none of the beta firmware links in this thread are currently valid. So I'm completely stuck at the moment, the only thing I can think to try is factory reset but I don't see that downgrading the firmware.

Help?

UPDATE: By creating a guest network I was finally able to get it to connect - what's bizarre is I'm using the EXACT same security settings for the guest network and main but the main won't work and guest will. So while this works it's not really a viable long term solution - all I really want to do is downgrade the firmware but that seems impossible given all the other unanswered threads on the subject.

Still at a loss

@RossCarlson I still have a beta firmware that @Carl posted for me some time ago..that link has since expired. It works..with its own lil quirks of some things showing 'Operation Failed' even though what was changed still worked. It's 15 megs if ya want it..I dunno if I can post files here or if it has to be on an external site somewheres

Options
2021-07-19 23:07:35

@RossCarlson I uploaded the file to Mediafire.com..hopefully the link will work: https://www.mediafire.com/file/c33qmp3tat8kwea/ax1500v1.20-up-ver1-1-2-P1%255B20201113-rel54097%255D_2020-11-13_15.29.00_beta.bin/file  -- I dunno if the file has a time limit before it goes poof or if it'll stay there

Options
2021-07-20 14:35:08

Gary_Hanson wrote

@RossCarlson I uploaded the file to Mediafire.com..hopefully the link will work: https://www.mediafire.com/file/c33qmp3tat8kwea/ax1500v1.20-up-ver1-1-2-P1%255B20201113-rel54097%255D_2020-11-13_15.29.00_beta.bin/file  -- I dunno if the file has a time limit before it goes poof or if it'll stay there

Thanks, that's very cool of you - I'll try this shortly to see if it will let me downgrade/change to this firmware. That said I also hope tp-link replies as at this point I'm going to have to replace this as that is completely unacceptable.

I'll post back soon.

Options
2021-07-20 14:43:20

RossCarlson wrote

Gary_Hanson wrote

Thanks, that's very cool of you - I'll try this shortly to see if it will let me downgrade/change to this firmware. That said I also hope tp-link replies as at this point I'm going to have to replace this as that is completely unacceptable.

I'll post back soon.

And that didn't take long - can't install this firmware since it's a downgrade, when I try I get the same "invalid file type" that I get if I try to use any of the other firmware on the download page.

I guess at this point if I don't hear back today I'll have to go buy a new router/AP from another company as this is COMPLETELY UNACCPETABLE. It's great to add new features but to add a bug that prevents devices from connecting it sorta defeats the purpose of the device huh?

So still at a loss.

Options
2021-07-20 18:59:43

RossCarlson wrote

RossCarlson wrote

Gary_Hanson wrote

I'll post back soon.

And that didn't take long - can't install this firmware since it's a downgrade, when I try I get the same "invalid file type" that I get if I try to use any of the other firmware on the download page.

I guess at this point if I don't hear back today I'll have to go buy a new router/AP from another company as this is COMPLETELY UNACCPETABLE. It's great to add new features but to add a bug that prevents devices from connecting it sorta defeats the purpose of the device huh?

So still at a loss.

@RossCarlson Well that sucks..I thought for sure it'd work and it's a beta..well I tried

Options
Related Articles