Identifying android phones on the Deco control app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-04 17:19:31 - last edited 2022-11-07 03:56:10
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just added two new android phones to our household.  Checking their connection on the Deco app, they are identified as simply "phone".  My older android phones are identified by the device name, eg:  "Eds Android".  How do I get these new phones to be correctly identified by the Deco app? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Identifying android phones on the Deco control app-Solution
2022-11-05 13:32:15 - last edited 2022-11-07 03:56:10

@stuckyville Click on the phone in the Clients list, select the phone, then click on the pen icon at the right of the name and then edit the Device Name to include more accurate identifiers as needed

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Identifying android phones on the Deco control app-Solution
2022-11-05 13:32:15 - last edited 2022-11-07 03:56:10

@stuckyville Click on the phone in the Clients list, select the phone, then click on the pen icon at the right of the name and then edit the Device Name to include more accurate identifiers as needed

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Identifying android phones on the Deco control app
2022-11-05 20:06:41

@DAServices - thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, there appears to be a 'disconnect' between what you describe and what I see.

When I open the app, the page heading is the name of my network. Immediately below that are to menu buttons, "Network Diagnostics" and "Wi-Fi Settings".  Just below that, the message "Everything looks good." followed by a readout of upload and download speeds.  Below that, a diagram of the network layout - internet connected to main router which is, in turn, connected to the second router.  Immediately below that, two menu buttons, one for the main network and one for the gust network.  each indicating how many clients are connected.  I tap the "Main" (9 clients) and get a list of clients  The firs is listed as "Phone Me"  The "Me" looks like it might be a link (different color and background) but tapping it produces the same as tapping anywhere else on that line - a page with a graphic of a cell phone, a line saying which router is it connected to, the MAC and IP addresses, upload/download activity. and some other status indicators.  But nowhere do a I see a pen or any other icon that might indicate and 'edit' option.  Just to the right of the device name ("Phone") there is a "greater than" sign ('>') that could be interpreted as "more" or "edit", but it is "greyed out" and does not respond to any touch.

Options
Re:Identifying android phones on the Deco control app
2022-11-06 19:14:15

@DAServices 

Never mind. I "found" it - so to speak.  Went back again and just started poking around on the page showing the device details.  Eventually I hit a sweet spot that brought up the page to edit the name.  All is good.  Thanks for the leads.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 365

Replies: 3