Android phones cannot connect to wifi after latest firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Android phones cannot connect to wifi after latest firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
51 Reply
Re:Android phones cannot connect to wifi after latest firmware update
2021-07-20 21:10:30

Gary_Hanson wrote

Well that sucks..I thought for sure it'd work and it's a beta..well I tried

And for that I'm rather grateful, but I need a reply from tp-link, as I said not being able to use my wireless network after an update that added a feature to break things is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I guess at this point I'll be buying a new router and will never buy another tp-link device ever again.

Options
2021-07-20 21:43:40

Gary_Hanson wrote

@RossCarlson Well that sucks..I thought for sure it'd work and it's a beta..well I tried

Question - can you tell me specifically what you changed to fix this for your Android device? I've tried all the WPA security modes with no luck but I'd love to hear specifically what worked for you.

Again thanks for helping. 

Options
2021-07-21 01:59:17

@RossCarlson I myself didn't change anything.. @Carl and his techie team did somethin..I dunno where he went..maybe could whip-up another firmware that could downgrade your current version since the one I sent/he sent wont work for some silly reason

Options
2021-07-22 18:45:24

@RossCarlson 

I've been out of action the last several days due to be ill.  I would need to setup a session with our SE team in order to help fix this concern for you.  Please DM me your contact infromation so i can have them reach out and schedule a remote session with you. 

Options
2021-07-24 17:38:22
DM sent - but I think we should do this in this thread since it has already affected others and likely still is. Is there no way to rollback a firmware update on these devices? That would be the easiest fix as I don't need WPA3 so just let me roll back to before this update broke things. If we go longer than another day or so I'm going to just have to punt, throw this away and buy something from another brand as being offline this long is absolutely unacceptable. I've now been offline for more than 4 DAYS, sorry but in 2021 that just won't cut it.
Options
2021-08-04 10:45:00
And it's now been well over a week - I've been VERY patient but am at my end, what do I have to do to get this addressed? My next step will be to ask for a refund directly from tp-link. Please advise ASAP.
Options
2021-08-04 10:45:01
And it's now been well over a week - I've been VERY patient but am at my end, what do I have to do to get this addressed? My next step will be to ask for a refund directly from tp-link. Please advise ASAP.
Options
2021-08-08 08:12:26
I guess at this point I'll contact someone to get a refund as this is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. Oh well, guess I'm never buying another tp-link product again and I certainly recommend if you're reading this that you don't either.
Options
2021-08-09 08:31:16

@Carl 

I've now messaged you THREE TIME over a TWO WEEK PERIOD. I can no longer continue to wait for a company who not only completely ignores its customers and is unwilling to ensure that its customers have a working product. It is completely unacceptable that I've not been able to use my internet connection on my Android device for WEEKS due to YOUR PROBLEM.

As I said in my DM please let me know how to get a FULL AND COMPLETE REFUND ASAP. At this point I need my device back online so I'll be puchasing a new router and will never, ever purchase another tp-link device again and I will ensure that everyone I know personally and professional does not either.

Couldn't be more disappointed.

~Ross 

Options
2021-08-09 17:02:42

@RossCarlson 

Ross i have responded to your DM.  I also explained this in the DM but though it would be prudent to add here as well.  Admins do not have the ability to actively monitor all threads.  The traffic we recieve simply does not make that feesiable.  If you need a response from an admin please make sure to Tag one of us.  The US admins are me, @Ryan  and our Global Admins are @TP-Link  and @Kevin_Z.  If you do not get a response from me or Ryan please tag them and they will provide assistance as well. 

Options
Related Articles