No internet through RE220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-05 19:32:44
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

My RE220 arrived this morning. I set it up right away using the tether app. When I was done, it said I was connected and all the proper lights were lit. I was able to connect my phone to the extended network, but nothing requiring internet will load. When trying to connect my TV, it shows it's connected to wireless, but there is no internet. I have done two resets since and tried to connect again, once using the browser on my computer and once more with the app. I am still having the same problem. Even when connected to the extender while it is still plugged in next to my router, there is still no internet. The internet from the router (Xfinity) is working perfectly. I have gone through pages and pages of help topics, but have not found anything that will help me. Please help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:No internet through RE220
2020-11-05 19:56:48

@willowtree730 

On your router are you using a MAC adress filter system or ACL to control access via the MAC address?  If so this is likely the issue because the Extender does change the header of the MAC address for devices that connect through it.  If not please conntect a PC to the Extender and open a Command Prompt.  Preform a 'ipconfig /all' command and make sure the PC has an IP and default gateway asssigned.  If it does ping the gateway address and let us know if you get a response. 

Options
2020-11-05 20:20:37

@Cmertz 

I think I managed to do what you said, and I did get some kind of response (I'll admit, this is not something I'm super familiar with). The computer in my office seems to be working fine using the extender, but I bought it to bring wifi to my bedroom, which gets none. I previously had another brand of extender which has worked fine for years, but unfortunately recently stopped working. No other devices will work when connected to the extender. 

Options
2020-11-05 20:23:08

@Cmertz 

I take it back, the computer seemed alright for a few minutes, then the internet stopped working. I then had to switch it back to the router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 895

Replies: 3

Related Articles