wifi 6 modem?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

wifi 6 modem?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
wifi 6 modem?
wifi 6 modem?
2020-11-07 20:02:48
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Sorry for what I'm sure is a very simple question, but I'm terrible with computer technology and confused as a result

I just bought an Archer AX6000 on the advice of a sales guy who advised be to go with this newest tech so I wouldn't have to upgrade for a long time.

Now I need to buy a modem for it.  Does it need to be a WiFi 6 capable modem?  Are there recommended modems to go with my router?  Using Xfinity

and live in a 2000 sf home with 2 adults using internet and a 5 yo grandaughter watching her cartoons on her kid tablet.

Thanks for your input and sorry if this has been answered 1000 times before

Options
2 Reply
Re:wifi 6 modem?
2020-11-09 19:14:12

@ghmike 

The Wi-Fi 6 only pertains to your router so you wouldn't need anything else Wi-Fi 6.

In your case, your modem would be based on your internet service provider. Any modem would work whether it is a DSL or Cable or Fiber as the modem will have an Ethernet cable from it, and that will connect to the WAN of the router.

So you just need a modem that provides the internet connection through an Ethernet cable that goes to the router.

Options
Re:wifi 6 modem?
2022-02-13 00:57:43
Maybe not Tony....just hooked up an ax1800 directly to the DSL cable (wan port), had the ISP "unbind" the MAC address to the supplied one...off to the races...Works GREAT!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 2

Related Articles