TPlink smart plugs not working in Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-10 09:01:02

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but i have Smart plugs which work fine in the Kasa App, but will no longer work via Alexa.  Alexa identifys the plugs, and seems to link but i then get device unresponsive and am unable to voice control them which is the reason that i bought them.  These plugs were working fine until about 2 or 3 weeks ago and they just stopped.  I have removed them from both Alexa and Kasa, unplugged and replugged in. Kasa and then Alexa both re found them and all was fine, until i tried to control them via Alexa and then they switch to 'Skill unresponsive'  - so frustrating can anyone help please?   This is the only power i have over my childrens devices - mummy needs this to work!

Options
2 Reply
Re:TPlink smart plugs not working in Alexa
2020-11-10 18:06:53

@Nicegirl 

Another user mentioned this to get it working:

"Login into alexa.amazon.com on your laptop, click on Skills on the left nav, scroll down to the TP-Link Kasa icon, click it and click on DISABLE SKILL button at the top.

Once skill is disabled go back and re-enable it by clicking on Enable on the top right. Enter the TP-Link Cloud log in credentials during the enablement process. Add your plug if required and try ON/OFF functionality again within the Alexa app. If you're in an "Amazon Household" account say to Alexa "switch to John's account" or whomever's account the plug is registered to. Last week I must have changed the password with some other TP-Link service (Tp-Link forum login, repeater setup, or whatever) but plugs or app dashboards never threw visuals error and were linked to the tp cloud with an invalid older password."
Options
Re:TPlink smart plugs not working in Alexa
2020-12-28 20:38:04

@Tony when reenabling the site does not ask for TpLink credentials it just enables the skill. I have three Tplink plugs that now do not work. not sure whats going on. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2719

Replies: 2