My TP-Link AV1000 works great. And then, I found a new weak spot in my home. Can I add to it?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My TP-Link AV1000 works great. And then, I found a new weak spot in my home. Can I add to it?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-10 19:17:06 - last edited 2020-11-11 20:09:14

Ok, well, unless I'm in the wrong forum, my model doesn't show up in the dropdown so perhaps it's aged out.

Anyone have any general advice as to what I should look into next?

Many thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My TP-Link AV1000 works great. And then, I found a new weak spot in my home. Can I add to it?-Solution
2020-11-11 19:09:40 - last edited 2020-11-11 20:09:14

@EGlue 

If referring to a wireless weak spot I believe you may have the TL-WPA7510 KIT?

If so, you can get another kit, and add that to your existing powerline network so you will have two adapters that are wired only, and two that are wireless. Only one powerline adapter needs to be wired to the router, the other three can be placed around your residence.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:My TP-Link AV1000 works great. And then, I found a new weak spot in my home. Can I add to it?-Solution
2020-11-11 19:09:40 - last edited 2020-11-11 20:09:14

@EGlue 

If referring to a wireless weak spot I believe you may have the TL-WPA7510 KIT?

If so, you can get another kit, and add that to your existing powerline network so you will have two adapters that are wired only, and two that are wireless. Only one powerline adapter needs to be wired to the router, the other three can be placed around your residence.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:My TP-Link AV1000 works great. And then, I found a new weak spot in my home. Can I add to it?
2020-11-11 20:08:54

Indeed, that is the kit I have. And thank you! That gives me the confidence boost I need to purchase another kit and thank you for clarifying the opportunity that I can use one wired adaptor with the other three modules.

I was, in fact, wondering if I had to I would split an ethernet and set up two of these near the router area but it sounds like I can use them somewhat interchangeably. 

Ok very cool. TP-Link devices are earning my respect. A little tricky to set up at first for a noobe like me but these things work really well!

yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 2

Related Articles