Streaming AAC music from NAS pauses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-11 21:16:17
Model: TL-PA8030P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, I've a slightly annoying problem.  I use the powerline adapter to connect my Wetek box running CoreElec (Kodi) to my NAS as the wifi on my Wetek is too slow for HD movies, and even some HD music.

Most of my music is FLAC downloads or CD rips, but I also have some older compressed files that are AAC files or mp3.  The problem I have is that when playing AAC/mp3 files, the music pauses randomly for a number of seconds before resuming.  It doesn't do it for every track in an album, and not always the same track.  It never does it with my FLAC files, nor do I have a problem playing 1080p movies, only my compressed music library.

My compressed music streams without problem to my Alexa over wifi, so my NAS isn't the issue.

My Wetek box had previously played my music without any problem (it was previously connected to a wifi extender ethernet port).

The only change I have made to my setup is the Powerline adapters.  I have installed Windows so that I can use the TPplc Utility software, and this shows that I have a fast connection.

Is there so reason that smaller files (AAC) would dropout, but larger files (FLAC and movie files) would not?

I also had a problem when my TV was connected to the powerline adapter, Amazon movies would also pause, so I connected my TV with wifi.

Any help would be appreciated - I'm afraid I don't know what firmware I'm on as I need to reboot to Windows to use the utility software to find out, but I haven't updated as the firmware as there isn't any available for UK V2, only V3.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Streaming AAC music from NAS pauses
2020-11-11 23:47:17 - last edited 2020-11-12 19:10:52

@Dozer74 

If you go into the Advanced settings of the tpPLC app there is an option for audio in the QoS settings, you can possibly test that to see if that helps:

Options
2020-11-12 00:00:48

@Tony Hi thanks for your message. I did change the setting, but it makes no difference.

Options
2020-11-17 15:56:00

@Dozer74 

Could I get a topology layout of your network?

For example, 

Modem > Powerline > NAS, or a simple pic.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 3