CPE510 - I give up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE510 - I give up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE510 - I give up
CPE510 - I give up
2020-11-17 15:52:59 - last edited 2020-11-17 15:54:00

I purchased a CPE510 back in mid-September to strengthen the signal in my Garage, 100 feet from my house. Setting it up was incredibly difficult but I eventually got it to work. The problem was that it did not "see" my 5ghz wi-fi router. Well, I got it to work via the detailed wireless settings and, actually, it worked REALLY well as a simple repeater. I did a lot of WebEx meetings with VPN as well as used my cell phone at the same time for wi-fi calling. Solid performer. 

But late last week, it couldn't keep a vpn connection and kept resetting. Then I noticed it was showing receiving zero signal. So I brought it back into the house today to reconfigure and nothing. It simply will not find my wi-fi router when I survey, no matter how I configure it, yet my cell phone is pulling the signal for wi-fi calling just fine. Spectrum analyzer is showing -90 db for all three measurements across the bandwidth. I'm in the US so no "region" setting.

I just upgraded the firmware to no avail. 

I'm assuming it's just plain failed. I'm about to pull the trigger on one of those $50 dual band no-name things off Amazon and will aviod TP-Link in the future unless someone can tell me why this thing can't see my router?

I figure this is either something simple, or it failed...

Options
4 Reply
Re:CPE510 - I give up
2020-11-17 23:39:49

@not_insane 

Several years back someone reported a similar issue, and the suggestions were to change the region to test mode and survey while in that mode. 

Options
2020-11-18 12:28:32
I read through the threads here and thought that might be my solution. Unfortunately, mine is missing the region setting in the pharos software. I've noticed for many years that there is sometimes a different version of stuff like this for the US than other places. We're such a big market that they are all just for the "US" region, and that's that.
Options
2020-11-18 12:29:05
BTW, thanks for the reply, Tony. It's much appreciated!
Options
2020-11-19 14:19:12

@Tony 

This is funny. I just checked to see if I had any more replies (I didn't). But I thought I'd look for the region setting again since my cp510 is still connected to my computer. I logged in to Pharos and looked all over and, no, couldn't find it. However, I went ahead and clicked on "survey" and my wifi router now shows up. I dunno. Gimme another beer. 

Meanwhile, I've already ordered another 2.4 and 5 ghz repeater that will come in tomorrow. We'll see how that works. I could use this but I no longer trust it. For it to suddenly work after a couple of days is weird. I changed no settings. It just decided to find the router. and it found it immediately.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 481

Replies: 4

Related Articles