Votes

wi-fi extenders and ring doorbell3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-19 22:47:10 - last edited 2020-11-19 22:50:15
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I bought an AC-1750 range extender (RE450)  that is working nicely into my house. 
I bought ring doorbell #3 to work with ALEXA, ECO SHOW.  It is saying into my RING account that the network is faint and is not showing the front door camera all the time.

The RING tech service said to make sure this extender is working with RING 3. IS IT WORKING? Is it a way to find out?

• Expanded 450Mbps on 2.4GHz + 1300Mbps on 5GHz totals 1750Mbps Wi-Fi speeds

Thanks, ILIBILI

Options
1 Reply
Re:wi-fi extenders and ring doorbell3
2020-11-20 16:24:17

@ilibili 

Where ever you have the RE450 plugged in, the circle LED should be blue, and the 2.4G and 5G will be lit indicating it is connected to the router's network.

If your router is a dual-band, then both small LED lights should be on.

I would recommend having the RE450 broadcast its own wireless network name, rather than use the same name of your router so when you set up your Ring, you know that you are connecting to the extender.

So you would have something like:

Router:

mywifi

mywifi-5G

Extender:

mywifi-ext

mywifi-5G-ext

The easiest way to check would be to download Tether into your smartphone, connect to your Wi-Fi, and open the app to find your extender and modify the extended Wi-Fi names.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1396

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.