Wifi range for the cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-21 11:18:27 - last edited 2020-11-21 11:20:49

So I have this camera KC120 and KC200 and I was wondering what is the range of the cameras?

I have the following setup:

KC200

|

(1 floor high)

|

|

-------------(5m-6m)---------------------Router--------------------(5m-6m)--------------------KC120

With the KC120 (it is in another room) I don't have any problems, but with KC200 it is outside and even though the led is green sometimes when it's cold it gets red (is temperature a problem? it was -2° C) and stops working. So I would say that currently is 20% of the time works and 80% doesn't work.

If I move KC120 further with 2m it starts to behave like the KC200. 

With other devices like phones or laptops I can be even 10m and one floor distance and still have a strong signal.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi range for the cameras
2020-11-24 21:14:45

@niwde88 

The camera states it can operate in an environment of -20°C so the temperature should not be causing the camera to not function. You could possibly use a Wi-Fi analyzer around the same area your camera is to see how strong the signal is. You generally want something around -70dBm or a lower number like -50dBm, if above -70dBm, then possibly a range extender may help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 1