General questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

General questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
General questions
General questions
2020-11-23 05:12:36
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I understand that these units TL-WPA4220/PA4010 work via the electrical wiring when on the same circuit.  I have an out building that uses a 30 amp breaker in my house's main breaker box.  I have the TL-PA4010 connected to the router and plugged into the wall near the router and the 4220 plugged into the wall in the out building.  Now, the whole out building comes from the same 30 amp breaker in the houses main breaker box.  For some reason, none of the wall plugs inside the out building work; only the plug on the outside of the out building will work.  Any ideas why?

Also, I have a 60 watt light bulb plugged into that same outside wall plug.  For some strange reason, my internet speed just about doubles when the light is turned on.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...not sure if this is expected behavior or what...

Jeff

Options
1 Reply
Re:General questions
2020-11-25 21:47:43

@Rainman1962 

Every time the powerline signal travels or jumps circuits to communicate the signal degrades. I am thinking the out plug and indoor plugs may be on different phases?

If the issue is because of distance, I would probably use our smart devices that use HomePlug AV2 like the TL-WPA8630. AV2 uses the neutral wire in order to do a better job sending the signal. 

I'm not sure if you possibly have an extension cord to test to see if that works so you can keep the 4220 indoors.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 1

Related Articles