Don't know how to confirm the unit is working after what I think was proper setup.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Don't know how to confirm the unit is working after what I think was proper setup.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-26 01:52:43
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: don't know

I think I set things up correctly using the ethernet cable connected to the computer. I plugged in the range expander in an appropriate place.  I have no idea how to confirm it is working.  Should it show up on my phone as a wireless device, because it doesn't.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Don't know how to confirm the unit is working after what I think was proper setup.
2020-11-26 18:37:05

@eidling  One clue would be if your WiFi signal is suddenly stronger in places distant from your main router than in the past.

The more definitive way to tell would be actually signing into the signal from the extender. You would not see it if you gave it the same SSID as your router's WiFi. If this is the case, change the name, and make sure you can both see it and connect to it. (In my case, I can see it, but I cannot connect to the 2.4 G Band). 

(Note I am not with TP-Link. I'm just a new purchaser who feels sympathy for others with problems after spending hours trying to get mine to work yesterday, and am checking in here in case there was a holiday answer to the question I left.) 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 347

Replies: 1

Related Articles