Smart actions not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-26 01:59:50
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.7

Smart actions no longer working. Deleted and recreated had no effect. Could this be due to an IOS update? Tried creating smart actions on other Kasa devices and no success.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Smart actions not working
2020-11-26 22:26:53
There was a problem on the cloud, should be working fine now.
Options
2020-12-06 20:50:25

@ADRStudio - is this down again?  Deleted and readied mine and still not working - I can control all lights and switches in the app.  It's just the smart action that is not working.

action is - switch on/off controls group on/off

Options
2020-12-06 21:42:21

@SCardamon Yes, is down again. I don't know why is down today.

Options
2020-12-08 01:22:29

@ADRStudio I'm also experiencing this issue.  I had 3 smart actions, control with a switch, where the switches also controlled multiple lamps/plugs.  Worked fine until 2-3 days ago. I deleted SmartAction and recreated by no luck. I even deleted tp-link kasa app and redownloaded, but still not working.  Is there any change this is due to a iOS upgrade?  Or is this something on TP-link side that will be fixed?

Options
2020-12-08 17:37:54

@TdocTdog  Looks like is back, at least mine is working fine now.

As was on the ThanksGiving day I almost sure the problem was on their side, the suppor  said at that time that there was a problem with Amazon Cloud that I think they use as a server, in fact the news reported problem with Amazon that day.

I didn't bother to delete or reinstalled the app this time, I just created a schedule to turn off (my case) and just waited to come back. 

Did you ever tried  SmarThings app. It has a similar feature and works fine. I have but don't use it because I want to use only one app, and Kasa it's better.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1063

Replies: 5

Related Articles