Votes

[DECO APP FEATURE REQUEST] For each device listed, show the Deco unit it's connected to

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

[DECO APP FEATURE REQUEST] For each device listed, show the Deco unit it's connected to

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-03 21:37:52 - last edited 2020-12-05 16:16:59

At the moment, when looking at the Device List(s), there is no easy way to know which Deco unit each device is connect through (You have to drill down repeatedly). ie: The 'Linked Deco'.

If the Device List instead included what Deco unit each device was connected through, at a glance you could see how the network was behaving. eg: What is this phone connected to? The "Main" Deco or the "Landing" Deco?

So I'd suggest adding the connected Deco unit to each device listed. Here is a mock up with it shown for each device after the "Location":-

Some UI Comments

• In the above mock up I've shuffled the values/columns left, to free up space. At the moment a lot of space is wasted resulting in device descriptions being needlessy cropped etc.
  • You could make including the Deco unit for each device an option. So folks not interested can choose not to display it.
  • As a possibility, if there is only one Location defined (by default "Home"), I'd suggest not even including it on this screen. It's needless information. ie: Don't show "Home" for each device listed if that's the only Location defined.
Options
2 Reply
Re:[DECO APP FEATURE REQUEST] For each device listed, show the Deco unit it's connected to
2020-12-04 17:08:32

@NeilF 

Thank you for the feature suggestion.

I will make sure to reference this thread when forwarding it to our devs.

Options
Re:[DECO APP FEATURE REQUEST] For each device listed, show the Deco unit it's connected to
2020-12-06 13:44:28

@NeilF your suggestion is very good but first they need to figure out why many Connected devices simply don't appear on the list.  Until then it's all moot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 785

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.