Smart Actions Not working- Sunday, Monday, .....

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-07 16:45:02
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

Smart actions worked last week, but stopped working Sunday and have yet to come back.

I have th latst IOS app.

I have deleted and recreated all my smart actions, just to be sure..

Nothing works.

Hs200 switches are controlling Lamps on HS105 devices in 2 rooms.

HS200 is controlling another HS200 in a 3rd room

all stopped working.

very frustrating

Options
8 Reply
Re:Smart Actions Not working- Sunday, Monday, .....
2020-12-07 18:46:53

I am noticing the same thing here. I use the "Smart actions" timer to turn off some lights after 15 minutes. They were working fine up until a few days ago, now none of the 3 that I had set up work. :(

Options
2020-12-08 02:11:02

@flipflop49 same here, tech support tried to tell me that the function of a switch (hs200) controlling a switch (hs220) was no longer supported. I explained that a switch (hs200) controlling an outlet (hs103) didn't work either anymore. That confused them and they tried to get me in a circle of questions. Got escalated to a call back, told them I wouldn't hold my breath.

Elsewhere on here tech support said it was a cloud issue a week ago. 

Options
2020-12-08 02:46:51 - last edited 2020-12-08 02:47:43

I just have straight switches (hs-200 and hs-220) that control lights and it isn't working for them. Also have some plugs (hs-105 and hs-103) on some things the also quit "Auto shut off". NONE of these are working with programmed "Smart Action" Auto off functions as they were up until a few days ago. I cannot understand why on earth they would just suddenly no longer support "Smart Actions" like auto shut off. My impression is that the "Smart Action" capability was only introduced earlier this year - I could be wrong about that though. What is going on with these folks?????

Options
2020-12-08 11:44:31

@JDTV 

late monday night all the switches smart actions came back on line.   This has to be a tp link kasa server issue.  I did nothing other than wait.

evidently they don't have a reliable server.

jim

Options
2020-12-08 16:35:26

@JDTV  Yep. Just checked mine and the "Auto off" smart action is working again. Apparently one wrong keystroke up there at TP-Link and these things start getting stupid. That's not very reassuring! 

Options
2020-12-12 02:11:39

Well here we go again, it's Friday and Auto Off Smart Action isn't working again.

Options
2020-12-12 20:57:43

@flipflop49 

Been emailing back and forth with tp  link support , they finally confirmed it's an issue on their end- takes a tech there to "restart" the app / server on their end.  
Don't know why it always takes more than a day for them to notice their own system is down?  
glad they aren't running a bank or hospital!!!!

Options
2020-12-12 22:55:47

You would think that a large mainstream company like TP-Link could keep their servers and software working correctly and properly support their customers.

I guess that they must be using TP-Link hardware and calling their own Tech Support for help maintaining it correctly. I wonder if they are rude and hang up on themselves?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 989

Replies: 8