Daisy chain two extender recommendation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-07 17:05:46
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. I'm looking for product and configuration advice for extending my main house wireless to an external, detached office building.  Currently have the Archer A10 router in main house.  Purchased the AC1750 (RE450), connected to router, and installed in detached office.  Signal is ok, but could be better.  What is recommended to "chain" extender from router.  example - Router in main house > Extender or AP at edge of main house > current 1750 in detached office.  Was considering the AC 2600 (RE650) as AP?  Or could I use an additional AC1750 (RE450)?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Daisy chain two extender recommendation
2020-12-08 23:21:25

@GBLTX 

Chaining extenders will stretch the coverage, but your speed will go down further, but if the first extender is in AP mode (https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1401/) that would be better. The extender in AP mode will have similar speeds or providing similar speeds to the router, then connect the second extender to the RE450 in AP Mode will give better performance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 985

Replies: 1

Related Articles