AC750 - Running into issues...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-12 02:15:58

Hello,

I've ran into several issues; which I will assume are all related in some fashion...

I'm trying to connect to my AC750 (via wifi), however when I click on the network, my device sits there thinking for a few seconds and then reverts back to my home network. I am sitting next to the Extender without any success. All of the lights are green and I am in range of my wireless router.

A second issue I am experiencing is, I have plugged an Ethernet cable into the Extender and have plugged the other end into my cable box. When I go into my settings for my cable box, it looks for an IP address but comes back blank.

Third issue is, I have tried to reset to factory settings by pressing the reset button for 15 secs while it's plugged in. It never reset. I can feel the button being pressed in and have held it there as long as 60 seconds, but the device never resets (light remain constant).

Any assistance would be great.

thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:AC750 - Running into issues...
2020-12-14 17:52:17

@Boyinterrupted 

When the extender is factory defaulted it will broadcast the default wireless network which has the name TP_Link in it.

Plugin the device, do not connect anything to it, and wait a couple of minutes. Use your smartphone to see the available wireless networks. If the default name comes up, you can then set up the extender.

If you want to use the extender like an access point, you can not set it up like a range extender, then plug in a cable after. The device must be changed to AP mode: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1401/

Options
2020-12-15 02:06:49

@Tony 

Thanks for your response.

I have created a network (mynetwork_EXT) but when i try to connect to it, it says "internet not available". 

I also have tried to log in to the extender http://tplinkrepeater.net , using the instructions given but it can't connect with mynetwork_EXT. 

thoughts?

Options
2020-12-16 23:17:18

@Boyinterrupted 

Look at the LED lights, and reference that of the quick installation guide, you can visit the product support page a well. See if the LED lights indicate it is connected to the router. Another way is to log into your main router and see if the extender shows up as a connected client. 

If not, then the wireless password is provided to the extender during setup may not be correct, as the wireless password needs to be the same password you would use to connect to the main router via Wi-Fi.

During this set up I would recommend having the extender in the same room as the main router to rule out any issue with distance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 467

Replies: 3

Related Articles