Incorrect password trying to log in to Archer VR900 from Android Tether App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-12 19:30:51
Model: Archer VR900  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 1.5 v004c.0 Build 170119 Rel.66992n

Hi, I'm trying to log in to my Archer VR900 modem with the Android Tether app but each time i type the password I receive the message "incorrect password" but I'm 100% sure that I'm typing the correct one.

Firmware is the latest available and I even tryed to reboot the modem, but nothing changes.

Is there any known incompatibility between the app and my modem model?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Incorrect password trying to log in to Archer VR900 from Android Tether App
2020-12-14 21:24:10

@StarCruiser 

What may need to be done is the Tether app reinstalled, and the router factory reset by holding the reset for 15 seconds.

Options
2020-12-16 20:15:48

@Tony Thank you for your reply. The app was newly installed. I have tried to reinstall it ayway, but with no luck.

Regarding your second suggestion, I have too many custom settings that would be lost with a factory reset, so if this is the only way, I think that I live wit the fact that I will never be able to manage my router from my mobile. :-)

Regards

Options
2020-12-22 19:54:16

@StarCruiser 

what worked for me is resetting the extender, then using the default username and password on the back of the extender instead of your login info to the app.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 743

Replies: 3