Can't see extended network devices at router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-12 20:47:07
Model: Range Extender  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20200629 Rel.

I have installed my new RE603X range extender.  It creates the extended networks fine, and devices can connect to them.  However, the extender clients aren't visible to the host router.  Host router is handling DHCP, and DHCP is off at the extender.  Primary modem/router is a Ubee DDW36C.  Any suggestions welcomed.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can't see extended network devices at router
2020-12-14 19:19:49

@Jeff_R 

The MAC addresses of the original are likely changed to a different value. What should at least be the same is the first half of the original MAC address.

Options
2020-12-15 14:18:59

@Tony Thanks, but I'm not having a problem with not seeing the MAC addresses I expect, I'm not seeing the extended network clients up addresses in the router client list.  I thought that if the router handled the DHCP for the extender clients, they should all be on the same subnet and therefore visible to the rest of the network.

Options
2020-12-16 23:41:56

@Jeff_R 

If you were to use the Tether app or log into the extender directly, do you the clients listed there?

Options
2020-12-17 00:14:41

@Tony I can see the clients at the web interface and on the tether app.  Clients have internet access; they simply don't appear on the router client list and can't be accessed from other devices on the network not connected to the extender.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 633

Replies: 4