Which range extender is compatible with my router? Which is best for maximum performance?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Which range extender is compatible with my router? Which is best for maximum performance?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-20 17:07:13
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel. 16299(5553)

I love this router and it has improved transmission throughout the house by orders of magnitude over the unit it replaced.  However, I have two rooms I would still like to boost a bit more, one bedroom on the 2nd floor and the attached garage directly below. The bedroom usage is straightforward browsing and streaming, the garage usage is eSports gaming (Zwift) for indoor training. I would like to know if a range extender would work, if so, which model(s).  If it is not recommended, what solution would be?

I am not a network engineer, so be gentle.  Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 531

Replies: 0

Related Articles