MacOS Catalina login hangs after USB printer controller utility installation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-02 10:30:33
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20171215 rel. 35219 (4555)

I have been using the USB printer controller utility version for MacOS <= 10.14 for a long time. After upgrading my laptop to MacOS 10.15 Catalina, I had to also upgrade the USB printer controller utility to the version for MacOS 10.15 (https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191107/TP-LINK%20USB%20Printer%20Controller%20Installer.zip). After the installation of the new version I was prompted to restart my laptop and did so. When I tried to log in again, the login progress bar got stuck about half way. There was no further progress for an hour, until I restarted my laptop in safe mode. I was able to log in successfully from safe mode, and after uninstalling the USB printer controller utility I was again able to log in from normal startup mode. Is this a known issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:MacOS Catalina login hangs after USB printer controller utility installation
2021-07-14 10:00:50

Anyone from TP-link support who can at least take a guess at what is going on with this? I've had to use my wife's computer for printouts for the past six months... 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 1