Multiple Range Extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Multiple Range Extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Multiple Range Extenders
Multiple Range Extenders
2021-01-06 01:44:57
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Our router is located in the corner of our home. I have 3 range extenders. Can the range extenders range off each other if I place them throughout the house? Or do they all just range from the central router? I'm not using a Tp-link router. Thank you. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Multiple Range Extenders
2021-01-06 15:56:44

@Macro8898 

You can chain range extenders. The drawback to doing that is you will see a speed decrease. So if you connect directly to your router say you get 50 Mbps of speed, when going through one range extender maybe 20 to 25 Mbps, going through two maybe 7 to 12 Mbps (numbers are just estimates, actual results depend on environment, distance etc.). As you start adding another hop for the device the speed may decrease further. The application you need maybe that it won't need that much speed so if you already have the extenders it would be worth testing to see if that works for you. If the speeds end up being too low then try and have them point to the main router instead.

Options
2021-02-28 02:26:04

@Macro8898 as stated above you can't extend 3 to each other. My advice here would be to buy tp link powerline Ethernet adapter and connect it to your router and the other half put at 2nd farthest place from router. Then buy a access point from tp link and connect that to the powerline with Ethernet. Now you have your router ssid and the access point ssid at the 2nd farthest spot in your house from the router. Best I can advise is to make do with 2 different ssid's in your whole home. Now you can connect 1 range extender to ur main router which will have one mesh. Next connect one more range extender to the access point you did earlier. This one should be farther from the router than the access point. There you go best I can do for your situation. Now you have 2 wifi networks in your whole home since one extender is paired with ur router and one with the access point. This only works if you turn on onemesh on router and tp link access point. If you don't then you now have 4 different ssid's in total. Btw onemesh doesn't support access point mode that's why I said buy a real access point and mesh it with the extender for the farthest half of ur house.

Options
2021-02-28 02:29:50

^^^ I said above onemesh doesn't work with access point mode. I mean ap mode on the range extenders. Onemesh will work if you have a extender connected to a tp link access point.@Chickenslyrr 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 3

Related Articles