TP-Link PLC Utility Flash issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-12 19:53:10

Below is the issue I am having with the utility, I guess this is something related to flash from the logo displayed.

Is there a solution for this or a patch coming soon?
 ​​​​​​​

Options
8 Reply
Re:TP-Link PLC Utility Flash issue
2021-01-13 23:37:45

@DubStepMad 

What is your operating system, and where did you download the tpPLC utility from?

Options
2021-01-14 00:31:28

@Tony 

OS is Win 10 and I downloaded it from here a while back, worked until recently.

Options
2021-01-14 08:41:18

@DubStepMad I have the same issue (W10 last version).

Options
2021-01-14 09:23:30

Hi,

I just encountered the issue as well.

This is probably due to Flash end of support on the 31th of December 2020 and rolling out in some recent Windows update.

This is going to be a very wide issue for all Windows 10 users, I can not believe that was not anticipated since it was announced a while ago.

I don't know if there is a way to rollback the Windows update that introduce this end of support.

For me this is a huge problem as I need to regularly reset the adapters since they get stuck in a state where they fail to connect (I am using the latest compatible firmware for my devices btw).

Maxime

Options
2021-01-14 09:37:31
My thought exactly, the announcement has been out for a few years, yet they failed to avoid it. I do not recommend anyone to rollback their PC as that can cause more issues with other applications. Hopefully they can release a patch soon or redesign their utility not using flash
Options
2021-01-14 10:09:05

There is another thread on the forum with a link to a more recent power line utility version : https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/247452

I have installed it and it works.

I haven't bothered checking compatibility with my devices and just tried it.

Hope that helps!

Maxime

Options
2021-01-15 00:00:59

@MHoulier 
Thank you for your advice, however my powerlines are a little older as they are the nano ones and not willing to try newer aplications until I know they are supported.

Either way I have planned to go full ethernet soon so hopefully this is not a permanent solution for me in the mean time.

Options
2021-02-03 15:29:17

@MHoulier 
Did work for me too! Thanks for the link smiley

As far as i remember, the official PLC Utility is not pointing to this version from the forum, but still to the Flash version.

Anyway this topic/247452 DOES WORK...

Cheers everyone

Options