Problem accessing web-based management utility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-13 08:39:02
Model: TL-PA4010  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a TP-LINK TL-PA4010 AV500 powerline adapter connected to my router and three TL-PA4020 AV500 ethernet/wireless extenders plugged in around the house.

These were previously installed in another house and worked perfectly, all using the same SSID and password, which made moving around the house seamless. After we moved however, I installed them at the new location and found that the SSID's were no longer the same as my router. The router is not the one from our previous house, but a new one (Huwawei HG656b).

I am a Linux user and since TP-LINK don't supply their network management application for this OS, I tried using the web-based manager. There seem to be two ways to access this: The first is by using the IP address 192.168.1.1 This brings up a login panel asking for a username and password. The default for these is admin/admin, but this doesn't work. The second option is to use tplinkplc.net, but whilst that loads a web page, it shows an error message saying, "If you're connecting to the Router directly, you will be unable to access the Powerline Extender's management page by using tplinkplc.net. Connect to the Powerline Extender wirelessly". I've tried various things, including disconnecting the ethernet cable from the PA4010, switching my PC internet connection from wired to wireless, factory resetting the PA4010 and the PA4020's then pairing them again, but nothing works, I still can't get access to rename the extenders with my main router SSID, or change the default password on them.

All I want is a way to access the web-based management utility, but none of the solutions offered by the TP-LINK help pages works.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and, if so, how was it overcome?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem accessing web-based management utility
2021-01-14 16:36:57

@Gewitty 

The TL-PA powerline adapters do not have a web interface. Only if you had a TL-WPA like the TL-WPA4220 that broadcasts a wireless signal will have a web interface. All the wired-only powerline adapters (TL-PA) do not grab an IP from the router as they only relay the signal.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 963

Replies: 1