TPplc

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TPplc

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TPplc
TPplc
2021-01-13 22:15:40
Model: TL-PA8030P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Given that flash is no longer supported, how do we configure our powerline adapters. The TPplc application will no longer load and the Android app does not support my model yet?

When will this be updated?

Options
4 Reply
Re:TPplc
2021-01-14 17:41:28

@Theonlyposeidon 

With the TL-PA8030 there actually is nothing to configure other than pairing them which is used with the pairing button. They do not get an IP from the router as they only relay the signal and don't do any routing.

For powerline adapters that do get an IP and are configurable like the TL-WPA8630, that can be logged into with a web browser like you would a typical router as that does get an IP address.

Options
2021-01-14 20:22:02

@Tony I was able to use the utility to monitor the connection etc, there was also setting that were configurable for power saving etc?  I understand that there may not be many configurations available, but still useful to monitor the devices.

I don't understand why TP-Link hasn't updated this software well a truly before then end of support of flash, we have only known this for years now?

Options
2021-01-15 08:14:42

@Tony Hello, same problem here. TPPLC uses Flash and it's not working anymore for my PA8015P Kit.

We need to know when Tp-link will be able to release an utility without flash.

It's not serious for a worldwide company.

Options
2021-01-18 08:39:14

@Theonlyposeidon 

Hello,

TP-Link support gave me this link for a new version of tpplc : https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202011/20201127/tpPLC%20Utility.zip

And it's OK for my Windows 10 up to date.

The download center should be updated soon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 712

Replies: 4

Related Articles