Router has problems after an Hour

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-27 00:05:25 - last edited 2021-01-27 21:47:20
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 build 20201202 rel 76564(5553)

Sorry had to enter the wrong type due to your drop down menus. What I have is a Archer AX21 v1.20/ AX 1800. The router almost triples my cable speed vs my old Linksys WRT 54GL. The problem is my wife works from home and has a Netgear Gigabyte switch and a Cisco Meraki MX64W. She has an Avaya IP phone and a thin client for her PC. Everything comes up fine and after an hour it starts to cut out the voice and freeze up the computer screen. Hook up the old Linksys and it all starts to work just fine. The QOS is set to 1000Mbs for up and down.

Is there something I am not checking ? 

This Linksys WRT 54 setup has been in use for 9 months with no problems.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Router has problems after an Hour
2021-01-27 21:41:06

@Almi 

I should also add that I first bought an Archer A7 and had the same issue. All of my cables from the cable modem to the computer are Cat 6. I believe the Cisco product is a VPN to my wifes work.

Options
2021-01-28 20:47:30

@Almi 

You could try setting the Cisco device (assuming it has a static IP) as a DMZ to see if something may be getting blocked causing an issue. (Archer AX21, Advanced > NAT Forwarding > DMZ)

Options
2021-01-29 00:58:56

@Almi What I did was disconnect all wired devices except for her switch which controls her thin client and VPN. I also connect my laptop to a wired connection. Ran a internet stress test on my laptop as well as her thin client and both ran with no errors. So far everything is running just fine after 2 hours. I will wait till this weekend to connect the other wired devices and see if any of them are the problem.

Options
2021-01-29 22:10:12

@Almi 

That sounds good. If it ends up being a specific device I would wire it directly to the TP-Link router to see if that helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 592

Replies: 4

Related Articles