How to connect 2 extenders to 1 router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-27 00:09:54

I bought 2 extenders fo either side of my house. I connected 1 but cannot see how to add a 2nd extender?? Help please. 
i

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to connect 2 extenders to 1 router?
2021-01-28 20:48:36

@Janice123 

You need to connect the second extender to the router too, not to the other extender.

I would use Tether to set it up: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1373/

Options
Re:How to connect 2 extenders to 1 router?
2021-03-05 22:01:14

@Janice123 

Helllo Janice123,

I made the mistake of daisy-chaining two repeaters I bought, and then wondered why one of them never rejoined the OneMesh network whenever it was power cycled!  Basically, the first one I setup only had the router to hook on to, so that was setup correctly. Left that one and proceeded to setup the second repeater, which accidentally got hooked up to the first repeater that had just completed setup.

Learnt my lesson! :-D   I now go close to the router, set one up, power that off when complete, and setup the second one. Now, both repeaters are hooked up to the router instead of each other, meaning the router can keep the OneMesh network active when either of the repeaters are power cycled.

I hope that helps.

Mike

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4127

Replies: 2

Related Articles