What is the source of powerline adapters Wi-Fi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-01 18:13:39 - last edited 2021-02-02 17:42:58

Hello,

I want to buy an powerline adapeter; TL-WPA4220 KIT. 

It says that the output adapter has Wi-Fi in it. I want to learn this Wi-Fi signals source.

Is it coming from the modem,or is it generating a new signal that comes from electric wires, separate from modem. 

I believe my ISP is throttling my 2.4Ghz signal, so there's no point of buying that version if its acting like a Wi-Fi extender.

This maybe a silly question, but I never used any powerline before.

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:What is the source of powerline adapters Wi-Fi?-Solution
2021-02-02 17:29:44 - last edited 2021-02-02 17:42:58

@7OKER 

When getting a wireless powerline kit you get two powerline adapters. One adapter is wired only so that is plugged into an outlet near the router, and an Ethernet cable ran from the powerline adapter to one of the LAN ports of the router.

The second adapter is the wireless powerline adapter. That is placed in the room where you want to get a Wi-Fi connection. So the Wi-Fi signal emits from the actual wireless powerline adapter. It broadcasts its own wireless network name and has its own wireless password. In other words, it is an access point, and the powerline connection is your glorified "Ethernet" cable.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:What is the source of powerline adapters Wi-Fi?-Solution
2021-02-02 17:29:44 - last edited 2021-02-02 17:42:58

@7OKER 

When getting a wireless powerline kit you get two powerline adapters. One adapter is wired only so that is plugged into an outlet near the router, and an Ethernet cable ran from the powerline adapter to one of the LAN ports of the router.

The second adapter is the wireless powerline adapter. That is placed in the room where you want to get a Wi-Fi connection. So the Wi-Fi signal emits from the actual wireless powerline adapter. It broadcasts its own wireless network name and has its own wireless password. In other words, it is an access point, and the powerline connection is your glorified "Ethernet" cable.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 502

Replies: 1