Cannot connect/forget RE450 connection profile from one device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-04 14:28:43 - last edited 2021-02-04 15:05:45

I have an RE450 (SSID = My5ghzX) that suddenly lost connection on one PC and can no longer connect. I know the RE450 is working because I have an iPad, two iPhones, and a TV connected to it.

After it suddenly lost connection in the middle of the night while no one was using the PC, it still appears as available in the Windows 10 WiFi menu in the system tray, however, the FORGET option is not available for it. The CONNECT option is available, but it won't connect.

I opened a COMMAND PROMPT and entered " netsh wlan show profiles ". It returned a list of all available connections except the RE450 WiFi extender My5ghzX. I even tried to remove it anyway with " netsh wlan delete profile name="My5ghzX" but it was not found.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: I found an article that describes how to delete the profile from the registry. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/delete-wifi-network-profile-windows

I will report on the result when I have a chance to try it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 416

Replies: 0