Powerline suddenly stopped working with ethernet to USB-C adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-10 11:02:31
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have an AV600  Wifi powerline kit which contains TL-WPA4220 and TL-PA4010.

My GF was using the powerline LAN using a Ethernet to USB-C adapter(for Macbook) until yesterday. It was working fine until yesterday, now it shows "connected via LAN" but cannot actually connect to internet.

However the same Ethernet to USB-C adapter works when I connect the ethernet cable into the main router at home so the Ethernet to USB-C adapter itself is not the problem.

Additionally the Wi-Fi on the powerline works too. I tried reset but doesn't solve the problem. 

Can someone help solve this mystery?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline suddenly stopped working with ethernet to USB-C adapter
2021-02-10 19:11:18

@Rahman99 

If you were to connect a PC instead of the MAC with a Ethernet cable do you get an IP or does that work?

Go to the Ethernet cable that is connected to the 4010, steal that and put that with the USB-C adapter, does that work? If not, connect your PC using that cable.

Options
2021-02-10 20:36:59

@Tony If I connect my Windows PC to

1)  Ethernet cable<->4010 it works 

2) Ethernet2USB-C <->Ethernet cable <->4010 it doesn't work.

somehow just adding the USB-C adapter prevents me from connecting to internet while the same adapter let's me connect to internet when I plug to my router instead of 4010.

Let me know if it's not clear, I can draw a diagram.

Options
2021-02-12 01:21:55

@Rahman99 

Your layout should be that you are wiring to the TL-WPA4220, not to the TL-PA4010. The 4010 is the one meant to connect to your router, and the 4220 is where you would place at the second area or should be where the 4220 is.

My previous post was mentioning borrowing the cable from the 4010 which should be the one near the router.

Even though the Mac works directly to the router you could try the following in treating as the USB-C not working.

- In System Preferences > Network, create a new network location
- Delete all the network devices from the list on the left
- Re-add the Ethernet adapter device
- Configure the rest of the new location as required, and use it instead of the one you were previously using

Another user mentioned they had two locations configured on the laptop one for Home and the other for Work, they instead stuck with Automatic which got it working.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 716

Replies: 3