Device list missing in Deco app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-18 19:49:34 - last edited 2021-02-18 19:52:46
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.4.15 (app)

I recently noticed my device list was not updating. Devices would just stay on the online list even though they were clearly offline (and vice versa). I also plugged in a new device (hue bridge) via utp cable but it wasn't showing in the app. It did pop up a 'new device' message in message centre in the app, but just did not show up in the device list. So, I restarted the router, no change. Then deleted the app and reinstalled but now the whole device list is missing. 

I've got the feeling this all started since the last app update, but I'm not a 100% sure. Anyone having the same issues recently? And any suggestion on how to fix this?

FYI: App is v2.4.15 on iPhone 8 iOS 14.4, router is a Deco M9 Plus

Options
2 Reply
Re:Device list missing in Deco app
2021-02-19 21:19:06

@GuusR 

Users have previously reported of the device list not properly showing connected devices. This is assuming the devices are set to DHCP and not statically assigned an IP to themselves.

If that is the case, all the Deco units were factory reset and set up again, which the devices then appeared.

Options
Re:Device list missing in Deco app
2021-03-19 17:27:54

@Tony The new version of the app got released yesterday and guess what? My device list is now showing correctly. So, as I was expecting, this was indeed an issue with the app. Glad I didn't reset my deco and had to go through all configurations again.

Just for reference, is there any proper place to report bugs like this? Because clearly this is not the place..

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1460

Replies: 2